I (and my boyfriend) basically packed up everything I thought I’d need if I had to move to a completely new state in one night, in less than an hour.
What did I take? To name a few…
- Small box of jewelry; I put on what was most important to me (antique turquoise ring, matching Tiffany’s necklace and bracelet)
- Clothes, but only the ones I wore the most & just one bag (the blue Ikea bag)
- My brand new Lita’s; I wasn’t about to leave those babies behind.
- Photo albums
- One small candle in a glass
- Several hangers
- Emergency pawning items
- My stuffed Cougar
- One belt
- Our dirty laundry
- Some cheap food (ramen, hot pockets)
- My Ikea heart pillow
- All the change from a little bag I put spare change in
- The baby things we had (just two outfits, one pair of shoes and a toy)
- Small bag of crochet yarn & needles (with new yarn I got to make baby things)
- Journals (mine & his) and a book for each of us to read
We didn’t jump states, but we were at a different house for the week. We’re back home and I’m unpacking now.
It was really interesting to see what I really need and care about. Honestly it wasn’t much & I probably could have left more (clothes specifically) if I had to.
Some of it was weird or silly (two stuffed animals? really?) but I don’t care. Those things meant a lot to me. I didn’t use everything I brought, but we were only gone for a week (6 days, actually). It was a nice vacation and put a lot into perspective for us.
I kind of felt like I was packing for some apocalypse, because we were so rushed. But I definitely would have packed a lot less in that case.
What would you take if you just had an hour & a small car to put everything into?